Tuesday, January 17, 2012

* Reflective Essay- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

Now, this is Writing Class in Glps, and we saw the movie called ' Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring ' to write this Reflective Essay. But since time was quite lacking, we saw only the first Spring. And I will tell you about that parts, which's quite moving and good.

So first, I will tell you it's brief Summary. One young boy, and old monk lived together inthe temple which's located in the middle of the river. And thus, they always used boats to go to the mountain and they lived eating the plants and fish they got from the mountain. And one day, they boy went river, and played with a fish, frog and snake by catching those and hang a rope with the rock around thier body. But surprisingly, the old monk saw those moments, and did the same thing to you boy while he was sleeping. Then the next day, monk made moy to let those animals free carrying that big rock that monk have hang around him. So his apologizes to him, and go to save them. However, among three, two were dead, and the boy cries, with his true hearts.

When I saw those moments that he was playing with the animals, it looked just so fun! But when they showed us animal dead, it just made mo so sad, and also guilty. And most commonly ( Accroding to Mr.G ) you will say that you also did samecruel things to ants in the summer, like while walking, you only step on the ants, etc. Yeah, of course I did those, too, bit there's one more really painful thing left to me ; Mom. Doing those, can't be only known with those animals or insects, but also human, by throwing them few words simply or just for fun, which can result in serious damage in both physic and mental. And among those victims, I think the one who got most serious damage is mom, because first, I just did so much things that'll hurt her mind! For example, when I asked her something, she always said " Yes, I will do that later." and didn't do that, which made me to reply to her " I know that you won't do this.Of course, you won't." At that time, I just said this to her with empty, and no mind, but that sure would've be big hurts to her, because it would feel like my own daughter is ignoring me, she doesn't believe me anymore, etc, while she would also thought like I have to understand her, etc. Wouldn't it feel bad,and angry? Maybe, some might think that that doesn't matter, but think like your BFF, the one that you trusted the most ignores you, and think you negative. Wouldn't it be so sad?

 Furthermore, whenever she told me that she's feeling so painful, I just hated that word, and pretended like I didn't listened to her. At that time, I just thought like she's wining and I hated that word 'Painful", but now, it feels like I've been too ' Unworryful ' to her. I should've think deeper! My mom's hospital's in about 2 hours for car distance, which sure would make my mom feel dizzy and have headache after she comes back home, because than it is total 4 hours of driving. Also, when she said her leg is really painful and asked me to step on her leg ( You might think this is odd, but this is the way that we massage our mom's leg. First, I also thought that she would be really painful, but she said that it's really cool and makes her leg to feel cool. ), I always ignored her, or said to her that I have to do other thing even though I actually didn't have anything to. I was so fool, right? Since she doesn't move a lot in her work, her leg sure would feel very awkward, and it would've be very great if I made her leg to feel cooler. Also, if I gave her many massages, she would've feel happier because her daughter is making her to feel cooler! I think I was sooo stupid...

Going furthermore, whenever she said to me and both my sister to eat well, the times that we listened to her wasn't often, and we always ate snacks, ice cream, Noodles, etc which my mom hates us to eat, so that when she found out we ate noodle, she became so furious and never talked to us until when we eat all of our meals really well. At that time, we, especially me thought like ' Can't she understand us?!? We are different, mama! We are completely different! Look our generation! Oh gosh! ' But now, I realized that it would be same with my mom as well. She would also feel really angry to me, and thought same thing as me. I should have been more respectful to her, because I think that's the reason why it caused mom to call us often during our lunch time even though she's really busy, or exhausted.

And there's still tons of things to regret, which at the past, I thought it wouldn't be big matter, but later it caused really serious hurts, and damages to my mom both physically and mentally which the boy would feel the same. ( At the first, he thought that it wouldn't be a big problem tying animals with rope hanging rocks, but later, he realized that those caused really serious problems to the animals. )

To conclude, I think the old monk's way to blame the young boy ( Making him to suffer same thing ) is really efficient, because than it makes us to feel the victim's pain, and so know their fault well. And I think that's the reason why young boy could realize that he did really bad thing. If he didn't do that do young boy, he might not even know what happened to those animals, and later do that again, and again. Some might say that those are too serious for the young babies, but just like our proverb ' Age of three habit goes until age of 80. ' says, if they don't get to realize thier fault with true hurt in the early age, they keep doing that, and even though we blame to the child, the mind that they get is revenge to parents, not realizing their fault. Also, with blaming in words, those have more chances to hurt them mentally, which is way more serious than just simple physical corporation, because as you may know, lif there's too much mentall problems, we might get depression, and other so on. And there would be also someone that they get to realize their faults by themselves by the time flows, but there's way more chances that they will cause that problem again and don't get to realize their problem. Of course, there would be some students who get to realize thier fault by themselves, but those students ( who's wise, and kind enough to realize thier faults ) would be really rare. Also, thinking of that, and let the students to just cause that problem again and again, it might lead to way more serious problem, which can be really cruel and violent. Thus, if they don't get to suffer same amount of pain that they gave to the victims, than they won't have chances to realize their faults, but have chances to realize that those were really funny. So, I think the monk's way to teach the boy to realize his fault is really efficient way to teach not only young childrens, but also any people.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You wrote so much! I can tell that you are a very loving daughter. Try not to worry about making your mother proud. I'm sure she is. You are very thoughtful and conscientious. Nice essay!

    ReplyDelete